Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The stars are aligning


Today I took one completed invitation to the post office to be weighed. Guess how much it costs? A whopping $0.61. What are the odds that they'd be the exact cost of the stamps that I already bought.

While I was still employed, I went to the post office to mail a package for my then boss and saw these cute wedding cake stamps for which I promptly purchased hoping that my invitations wouldn't need any more than that. I also bought the wedding rings stamp for the rsvp.

Everything is exactly right, not under, not over. Apparently the stars are aligning for me. Even if it's just this once.
If they had cost anymore that, I would have bought these beauties:
Invitations will be revealed soon. I'm mailing hopefully on Saturday so all will be revealed.
What stamps did you use?
JEM.

10 comments:

  1. I used the exact same stamp combo for mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to say that all photos were from the USPS website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those! i actually went to zazzle for our save the dates (http://jacinandpat.blogspot.com/2010/02/working-together.html), but when the time comes for the actual invites i think i'm going to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Oh man, I hope ours aren't heavy. We're not getting fancy with them, so hopefully they won't cost much to send.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, pretty! So the post office sells wedding stamps, I don't have to pay markup on Zazzle for cute stamps? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great that it worked out perfectly! We used the ring stamps and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy it worked out perfectly for you! I have no idea how much our postage is going to be for our main invites, but they are going to be crammed to the brim. I should have thought to buy cute stamps for our RSVPS, but instead went with boring forever stamps.

    Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, those butterfly stamps are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Can. Not. WAIT! I know your invites are gonna be beautiful and I can't wait to see them. Glad the stamps worked out for you, I know every little thing can be a boost in wedding planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used the zazzle stamps for my rsvp's because I got them on a face value sale! I remember thinking a friend was crazy for stressing about postage, and then once I was engaged I totally understood!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!