Friday, November 27, 2009

DIY Napkins

I don't want any disposables at my wedding. Well that's not quite true, the drinks from the bar will be in clear plastic cups since guests will most likely be walking around or dancing with their drinks. This will limit the extent of potential accidents. The dinner tables will have no disposables however. I've kinda given up on looking for prices online. I've resigned myself to the idea that i'll be making pretty much everything myself with the help of friends and family, of course.



So here's my idea for my napkins. I found this napkin making tutorial and it looks easy enough. I bought these white twin sheets from Ikea for $1.99 and was able to cut out (28) 15" squares. I will then hem 1/2 inch all around and end up with 14 1/2 in square napkins. If this works, then the cost of 80 napkins for my entire guest list will be about $6 for the cost of 3 sheets plus the cost of thread. Stay tuned.

What are your plans for linens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!