Monday, December 7, 2009

Favor Flavors

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what favors i'm going to give to my guests. Most of the favors i've received from weddings were pretty useless. I mean they were pretty and all but I just didn't have much use for them and they usually ended up in a drawer somewhere, so I didn't want ours to go the same route.
Here's my idea: I couldn't decide between CDs, coasters, candy or a small token to keep so I decided to do them all.

First, I found this really super idea from Style Me Pretty for these great DIY coasters,

they are soooo adorable. I decided to try them since I was totally in love with them and they were really affordable. These are the supplies I used: a 4 1/4" square tile from Home Depot (not pictured here), Mod Podge, Aleene's glue, felt cut to 4 1/4" square, Minwax polycrylic sealer, card stock cut into 4" squares, ribbon and brush.

I bought 4 cases of 80 tiles each for $12 a box from Home Depot,all the other suppplies came from Michael's.

I wanted to make at least 2 different types but after finding the aqua patterned paper, I couldn't find another color in my color palette that wasn't plain and boring so I kinda had to go outside my palette just for these. I found this really great damask at Michael's in the dollar bin. Here is the result of my very time consuming project. (I had to make 320, four for each guest).



So each guest will get 4 coasters a pair of each (aqua and damask) tied with ribbon; a take out box with silver hershey's kisses and aqua M&Ms; a CD of our wedding songs; a fridge magnet with our names and wedding date and they get to keep the dinner napkins onto which i'm embroidering our initials.

These will all be placed into a tiffany blue 6x6 box (I'm going to buy white boxes and paint them tiffany blue) and tied with a white ribbon which will be placed on each guest's chair and the greatest part is that they're all DIY projects.

So what about you, are your favors DIY projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!